TRY THE KIDS PROTECTION PLAN®
July 15, 2022
IT CAN HAPPEN TO YOU
No one likes to think that something unexpected might happen to them, even though we know it happens to others just like us. Think about it, there’s an accident, the kids are at home with the babysitter, and mom and dad don’t make it home from their night out.
When they fail to arrive, the babysitter calls and calls, but no one is there to answer. The police are summoned, but because no one has the written, legal authority to take the children while the authorities figure out what to do, the kids have to be taken into the care of Child Protective Services, while the authorities figure out what to do.
Then there are other stories, where children are placed in the care of people they barely know, or that the parents wouldn’t choose, just because they are a blood relative, and the parents didn’t have a plan in place that dictated who should take on this incredible responsibility.
In still other cases, we see the fallout from family fights that are created when mom and dad didn’t make a plan, and the family couldn’t agree on who should care for the kids, who get caught in the middle of an ugly feud. Or in the worst cases, when there is no family available, we see kids get placed with and raised by total strangers.
In every case, when mom and dad don’t decide and legally document who should care for their kids, it’s left up to a judge to figure out and make the decision.
DON’T LEAVE THE DECISION UP TO A JUDGE
We know that neither you nor Mom would ever want this to happen to your children (or grandchildren, nieces, or nephews). And this is where a Kids Protection Plan® can ensure that it never does.
Developed by a nationally recognized attorney, who’s a mom herself, the Kids Protection Plan® provides moms (and dads) with the legal planning tools needed to make sure there is never a question about who will take care of their kids if they are in an accident or suffer some other life-threatening calamity. The full plan includes all of the following:
- Legal documents to name short-term guardians, who can be there immediately for your children, so they’ll never be taken into the arms of strangers or anyone you wouldn’t want. Not even for a moment.
- Letters to the people you name as short-term guardians, so the people you’ve named will know just what to do if called upon.
- Instructions to everyone who takes care of your kids as to exactly what to do if you are in an accident, so there’s never any question about what to do or who to call.
- Legal documents to name long-term guardians, who will raise your children just as you would, so there is no family feuding over your children.
- Letters to your long-term guardians, letting them know exactly what to do if called upon.
- Instructions and guidelines for your long-term guardians on how you want your kids to be raised to ensure your kids are raised with your values, insights, stories, and experience.
- Medical powers of attorney for your minor children, so the next time they travel without you or you travel without them, you know they’ll get the medical care they need.
- A custom, personalized I.D. card for your wallet stating that you have minor children at home and who should be contacted if you are in an accident.
PUT YOUR KIDS PROTECTION PLAN® IN PLACE TODAY
As a Personal Family Lawyer®, I am one of the few lawyers in the world licensed to prepare a Kids Protection Plan® for your family. Even if you have already taken steps to create a basic plan, such as having a will that names legal guardians for your children, that’s likely not enough to truly protect your kids.